Civil Engineer Bridge Project Manager – Williamsport Area
Bassett Engineering, Inc. is actively seeking a Civil Engineer Bridge Project Manager to join our office. If you are a motivated self-starter looking to join a well-established and expanding organization, then Bassett is the place for you! The position includes working on projects that require judgment, independent evaluation, adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Apply intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of structural engineering assignments and related fields. Make decisions on engineering problems and methods, and represent the organization in project meetings in order to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work.
About Our Firm:
Bassett Engineering is a state-of-the-art civil and environmental engineering firm ready to assist clients with engineering services including the study and design of roadway reconstruction & resurfacing, bridge & culvert replacements, streetscape enhancements and reconstruction, dams, water treatment, storage and distribution systems, wastewater collection systems and treatment plants, land development plans and subdivisions. Full Service includes funding assistance, environmental permitting, NBIS bridge inspections, gas industry assistance, plus surveying.
- Serve in a Project Manager role including the planning analysis and design of bridge and other structural projects ranging from conventional to innovative types.
- Perform structural load calculations and bridge plan/specifications development.
- Utilize AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and other software programs related to bridge and other structures, plus road design.
- Check design calculations, construction cost estimates, and plans developed by other Engineers.
- Prepare letters and reports.
- Complete inspections and field work.
- Conduct engineering research.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong technical skills in Engineering analysis and design combined with a proven background of technical leadership on these types of projects.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.).
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment or to work independently on specific project tasks.
- Local same-day travel required.
- BS/BA in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology.
- PE required.
- 7-8 years of bridge design and consulting experience required.
- NBIS/PennDOT Certified Bridge Inspector.
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil3D preferred.
- Master’s Degree (MSCE) in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Surveying Experience.