Entry Level Civil Engineer – Williamsport Area
Bassett Engineering, Inc. is actively seeking an Entry Level Civil Engineer to join our office. If you are a motivated self-starter looking to join a well-established and expanding organization, then Bassett is the place for you! The position includes working directly with Project Managers and the Principal Engineer to engineer wastewater systems, roads, bridges, culverts, land developments, dams, water systems, stormwater management, facilities, work on environmental permitting, plus NBIS bridge inspections.
About Our Firm:
Bassett Engineering is a state-of-the-art civil and environmental engineering firm ready to assist clients with engineering services including the study and design of water treatment, storage and distribution systems, wastewater collection and treatment systems, roadway reconstruction & resurfacing, bridge & culvert replacements, streetscape enhancements, land development and/or subdivisions and reviews. Full Service includes funding assistance, environmental permitting, NBIS bridge inspections, gas industry assistance, plus surveying.
- Apply basic civil engineering principles to complete computations, prepare technical reports, run models and create drawings.
- Utilize AutoCAD, Civil 3D, BioWin and other software programs related to land development, roads, pipelines, utility, stormwater management design, and wastewater treatment.
- Prepare letters, specifications, and reports.
- Complete inspections and field work.
- Conduct engineering research.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.).
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to take direction from others.
- Ability to work in a team environment or to work independently on specific project tasks.
- Some local travel required.
- BS/BA in Civil and/or Environmental Engineering.
- EIT, 1-2 years consulting experience
- NBIS/PennDOT Certified Bridge Inspector
- Experience in AutoCAD and/or Civil3D preferred, BioWin, and/or surveying.