Wastewater Engineer – Williamsport Area
Bassett Engineering, Inc. is actively seeking a Wastewater Engineer to join our office. If you are a motivated self-starter looking to join a well-established and expanding organization, then Bassett is the place for you! The position includes working directly with Project Managers and the Principal Engineer to engineer wastewater treatment plants plus collection and conveyance systems, water treatment, storage and distribution systems, conduct studies, design treatment processes, hydraulic analysis computations, and prepare environmental permits.
About Our Firm:
Bassett Engineering is a state-of-the-art civil and environmental engineering firm ready to assist clients with engineering and surveying services including the study, design and construction phase engineering of bridge & culvert replacements; wastewater collection, conveyance and treatment; roadway reconstruction; land developments and subdivisions; water treatment, storage and distribution; dams and buildings. Full Services include environmental permitting, funding assistance, drone photography and aerial mapping.
- Apply basic civil engineering principles to complete computations, prepare technical reports, run models and create drawings.
- Utilize BioWin, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and other software programs related to wastewater treatment, collection and conveyance, water treatment, storage and distribution, and pipelines.
- Prepare letters, specifications, and reports.
- Complete inspections and field work.
- Conduct engineering research.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.).
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to take direction from others.
- Ability to work in a team environment or to work independently on specific project tasks.
- Some local travel required.
- BS/BA in Civil and/or Environmental Engineering.
- EIT, 2-5 years consulting experience
- Experience in AutoCAD and/or Civil3D preferred, BioWin, and/or surveying.
- Masters in Civil and/or Environmental Engineering.