Bassett Engineering, Inc
Professional Licensed Surveyor
Bassett Engineering, Inc. is actively seeking a part-time Professional License Surveyor to join our office. If you are a motivated self-starter looking to join a well-established and expanding organization, then Bassett is the place for you! The position includes working on projects that require judgment, independent evaluation, adaptation, and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Apply intensive and diversified knowledge of survey principles and practices in broad areas of surveying assignments and related fields. Make decisions on survey problems and methods to resolve important questions and work with an established, experienced survey crew. This position is part-time. Work can be done from a remote location or at our office. Your work for our firm will be covered by our professional liability insurance.
About Our Firm:
Bassett Engineering is a state-of-the-art civil and environmental engineering firm ready to assist clients with engineering, and surveying services including the study, design, and construction phase engineering of bridge & culvert replacements; wastewater collection, conveyance, and treatment; roadway reconstruction; land developments and subdivisions; water treatment, storage, and distribution; dams and buildings. Full Services include environmental permitting, funding assistance, drone photography, and aerial mapping.
- Serve as lead Professional Licensed Surveyor.
- Oversee the work of a one or two-man survey crew performing accurate topographic, boundary, utility, and as-built surveys. The survey crew collects data with a conventional total station, GPS, and data collectors, then processed with AutoCAD. Mentor junior staff.
- Demonstrate expertise in parcel, right of way, and easement research.
- Oversee survey aspects of civil and environmental engineering projects, particularly detailed topographic and right-of-way surveys sufficient for engineering design, boundary surveys, and as-built surveys. Interpret and review engineering plans and drawings for survey aspects.
- Review and affix professional seal to certify completed survey work including Subdivision and Land Development Plans, Right-of-Way and Easement plats, and other materials requiring PLS seal.
- Provide professional coordination and expertise related to the work of field survey crews and engineer staff to support work requests.
- Prepare calculations for field crews.
- Assist with providing survey data for engineers.
- Direct and review the writing of land descriptions and preparation of maps in accordance with standard surveying practices.
- Be intimately familiar with and guide the survey team in utilizing modern survey equipment including total stations (conventional or robotic), data collectors, GPS units, etc.
- Represent the company on-site if/when needed.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Local same–day travel required (Must poses a valid driver’s license).
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Emphasis on topographic surveying and property surveying
- Working knowledge of Topcon-GPS and total stations is a must and experience in performing Land Title Surveys, As-built Surveys, Utility line Route Surveys, Topographic Surveys, and Property and Boundary Surveys is required.
- High School Diploma.
- Associates or Bachelors in Surveying or Surveying Technology.
- 5-7 years experience.
- Pennsylvania Professional Land Surveyors License (PLS).
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Total Station, and GPS.
- Licensing in other Mid-Atlantic states.
- Range: $32-$46 per hour, depending on experience