Accountant – Williamsport Area
Bassett Engineering, Inc. is actively seeking an Accountant to join our office. If you are a motivated self-starter looking to join a well-established and expanding organization, then Bassett is the place for you! The full-time position centers around working with the principal of the firm to complete various accounting and bookkeeping tasks as well as to drive our financial strategy.
About Our Firm:
Bassett Engineering is a state-of-the-art civil and environmental engineering firm ready to assist clients with engineering services including the study and design of water treatment, storage and distribution systems, wastewater collection and treatment systems, roadway reconstruction & resurfacing, bridge & culvert replacements, streetscape enhancements, land development and/or subdivisions and reviews. Full Service includes funding assistance, environmental permitting, NBIS bridge inspections, gas industry assistance, plus surveying.
- Manage payroll, invoicing, AP, AR; payroll taxes; expenses, retirement savings plan.
- Detailed financial analysis of billings and receivables to track income and expenses for a variety of purposes including marketing, workload projections, costs management, insurance.
- Evaluate profitability by project type, marketing effectiveness.
- Review project costs for various work categories.
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in Intuit QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
- Manage payroll, invoicing, AP, AR; payroll & quarterly taxes; expenses.
- Full Financial analysis, reviews and projections
- 7 years of experience in bookkeeping role.
- Proficient in current version of QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
- Bachelors or Associates degree in accounting
- New employee onboarding
- Employee Benefits plan administration