Engineer ll – Bridges
Bassett Engineering is actively seeking an Engineer II to join our office. If you are a motivated self-starter looking to join a well-established and expanding organization, then Bassett is the place for you!
This position includes working on projects that require solid judgment, independent evaluation, adaptation, and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
Candidates should be able to apply intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of bridge engineering assignments and related fields. The ability to make decisions on engineering problems and methods and represent Bassett Engineering in project meetings with clients to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work is essential.
About Our Firm:
Bassett Engineering is a state-of-the-art civil and environmental engineering firm ready to assist clients with engineering and surveying services including:
- Study, design, and construction phase engineering of bridge & culvert replacements
- Wastewater collection, conveyance, and treatment
- Roadway reconstruction and resurfacing
- Land developments, and subdivisions
- Water treatment, storage, and distribution
- Dams and buildings
- Streetscape enhancements
- NBIS bridge inspections
- Gas industry assistance
- Full Services including environmental permitting, funding assistance, drone photography, and aerial mapping
- Design, develop, create, and maintain small-scale to large-scale bridge projects in a safe, timely, and sustainable manner ranging from conventional to innovative.
- Apply basic civil engineering principles to carry out technical and feasibility studies, complete computations, prepare technical reports, run process models, and produce drawings and technical specifications.
- Conduct on site investigations and analyze data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other).
- Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety, etc. and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required.
- Provide advice and resolve creatively any emerging problems/deficiencies.
- Monitor progress and compile reports in project status.
- Review design calculations, construction cost estimates, and plans developed by other Engineers.
- Utilize structural and bridge design softwares including, ABLRFD, PSLRFD, SFAAD, LARSA, etc.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong technical skills in Engineering analysis and design, combined with a proven background of performance on bridge projects.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and bridge design and load rating softwares.
- Ability and willingness to take direction from others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and/or Structural Engineering
- 2-4 years of structural design and consulting experience
- $68,000 – $78,000
As an employee at Bassett Engineering, you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- A Simple IRA plan with 3% employer match
- Health insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement plan of up to $4,500 per year
- Professional License fee coverage for the state of PA
- Paid holidays
- Company vehicles for work related travel
- Additional benefits