Survey Crew Chief
Bassett Engineering, Inc. is actively seeking a Survey Crew Chief to join our office. If you are a motivated self-starter looking to join a well-established and expanding organization, then Bassett is the place for you! The position includes working on projects that require judgment, independent evaluation, adaptation, and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Apply intensive and diversified knowledge of survey principles and practices in broad areas of surveying assignments and related fields. Make decisions on engineering problems and methods and represent the organization in project meetings with clients in order to resolve important questions and plan and coordinate work.
About Our Firm:
Bassett Engineering is a state-of-the-art civil and environmental engineering firm ready to assist clients with engineering services including the study and design of roadway reconstruction & resurfacing, bridge & culvert replacements, streetscape enhancements and reconstruction, dams, water treatment, storage, and distribution systems, wastewater collection systems and treatment plants, land development plans and subdivisions. Full Service includes funding assistance, environmental permitting, NBIS bridge inspections, gas industry assistance, and surveying.
- Perform accurate topographic, boundary, utility, and as-built surveys.
- Utilize modern survey equipment including total stations (conventional or robotic), data collectors, GPS units, etc.
- Lead a one or two-man survey crew on a variety of projects.
- Responsible for all equipment, vehicle, and data used for/ produced by the survey crew.
- Daily post-processing of survey data.
- Represent company while on site.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Local same–day travel required (Must poses a valid driver’s license).
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- A High School diploma is required.
- Associate or Bachelor’s in Surveying or Surveying Technology is required.
- 3-4 years experience required; 5-6 years experience is desired.
- SIT is desired.
- $44,000 – $62,000