Bassett Engineering, Inc. is actively seeking a Survey Technician to join our office. If you are a motivated self-starter looking to join a well-established and expanding organization, then Bassett is the place for you! The position includes working on projects that require judgment, independent evaluation, adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Apply intensive and diversified knowledge of survey principles and practices in broad areas of surveying assignments and related fields. Make decisions on engineering problems and methods and represent the organization in project meetings with clients in order to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work.
About Our Firm:
Bassett Engineering is a state-of-the-art civil and environmental engineering firm ready to assist clients with engineering services including the study and design of water treatment, storage and distribution systems, wastewater collection and treatment systems, roadway reconstruction & resurfacing, bridge & culvert replacements, streetscape enhancements, land development and/or subdivisions and reviews. Full Service includes funding assistance, environmental permitting, NBIS bridge inspections, gas industry assistance, plus surveying.
- Perform accurate topographic, boundary, utility, and as-built surveys.
- Utilize modern survey equipment including total stations (conventional or robotic), data collectors, GPS units, etc.
- Serve on a one or two-man survey crew on a variety of projects.
- Assist with all equipment, vehicle, and date used for/ produced by survey crew.
- Assist with daily post–processing of survey data.
- Represent company while on site.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Local same – day travel required (Must possess a valid driver license).
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- High School Diploma is required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s in Surveying or Surveying Technology is required.
- 1-2 years’ experience required; 3-4 years’ experience desired.
- SIT is desired.